Sunday, May 15, 2011

Waiting to Exhale.

We're still in limbo.

Documents are in escrow, still. We had to file an extension, we blew way past our closing date due to the fun lead based paint issues. I'm not always in the loop on everything, and that's been really frustrating. Once we put together the Dream Team, everyone has been communicating so well with one another that they've been leaving us out of the conversation.

In the grand scheme of things, it could be much worse. I know these transactions are complicated and messy and there's a lot of things to consider for the lender. We've been lucky, honestly. But I can tell this is taking a toll on us, and the sooner it closes, the better. We're anxious to get to the really harrowing part- renovation.

Oh, did you hear that Saturday, May 21 at 5pm, is Judgement Day? The husband's birthday is on Sunday. I guess I'll bake him his cake early.

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear! Closing is taking longer and longer for everyone I know buying a house right now. Not sure why, but I'm sure conspiracy theories abound!

    I have fond memories of renovating my folks old place getting it ready to sell a few years ago. It is a tirng yet rewarding process. I wish you the best of luck! And Happy Birtday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, we'll need all the luck we can get!

    I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones that are taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r to close! We've blown by the anticipated 60 days. At least we're still heading in the right direction though, could be worse!

    What I really love about this renovation is that I get to pick out everything. The paint, the tile, the flooring, the fixtures... it'll be a new house on the inside, insulation included. I'm ready to get to work, I think my mood (I've been awful cranky lately) is directly related to how antsy I've been feeling. I just feel so powerless, waiting around to sign papers.

    I hope that in the end I'll have fond memories of this renovation like you do with your parents' old place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep telling our prechool friends that their house (and yours) WILL eventually close. Nodody wants to lose a sale in this market. It's just the banks, title companies and insurance companies trying to cover their tails in this market that makes it take so long. Save your energy for the renovation. It's hard work but worth every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Docs were signed today! We should have our keys on Tuesday. Hello, new neighbor! :D

    ReplyDelete