Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Second Deadly Sin.

It's been a long, long time since I've been good about my diet. I love to bake and cook, and while I've stepped away from large quantities of junk food, I still love to participate in gluttony.

And in the spirit of researching the seven deadly sins, I was actually quite surprised that there are multiple ways to commit gluttony. As found on Wikipedia:
  1. Laute - eating food that is too luxurious, exotic, or costly
  2. Nimis - eating food that is excessive in quantity
  3. Studiose - eating food that is too daintily or elaborately prepared
  4. Praepropere - eating too soon, or at an inappropriate time
  5. Ardenter - eating too eagerly.
I'm a champion of all five, definitely. I think my favorite form of gluttony is #3 though. I love tea parties full of little dainty sandwiches and scones and delicate petits fours. I also love wedding cakes. And those are pretty fancy.

So I'm now heading back to a paleo/primal diet. So brace yourself- lots of boring food posts up ahead! And there's something really fun about trying to make your favorite dishes out of a relatively limited set of ingredients. I rather enjoy the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment