The Good- The router jig worked beautifully.
The Bad- The vibration of the router caused the router base to creep significantly, and thus the cuts toward the end of the process were much, much deeper than they were supposed to be.
The Ugly- I feel a bit embarrassed that I never considered that the base of the router would slip- I made the wrong assumption that once the bit was secured and stable, all the mechanical parts would stay put.
Moral of the story- check your router base and collet (and the bit) for the right depth early and often!
I've decided to give one of the half chewed blanks an afterlife as one of these:
Goals for this week:
Cut out next centerboard.
Reread the router manual.
Loft three more pieces.
Cut out the patterns for the pieces that I've already lofted.