Thursday, June 30, 2011

Planning our Kitchen!

This is what our kitchen looked like:
This is what it looks like this very moment:

And this is what I have planned for it in the near future:


Beech flooring has been ordered. White cabinets, built in oven, beech butcher block counter tops. What's missing? Oh yeah, the fridge!

No matter how I arrange it, a full-sized fridge simply takes up too much space. I have found an alternative, though- a 6.1 cubic foot freezer/refrigerator that tucks underneath the counter top.

Plus side to this arrangement? If we resell this house, there's already a prime location for someone to install a dishwasher, if they want one (we already have a dishwasher... her name is Julie). There's enough room for a standard fridge on the other side of the wall, but I personally want that wall open so I can finally have my own baker's rack.

So there it is! I'm sure our contractor will laugh at us... but hey, he's not the one that has to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment