Sunday, June 12, 2011

Breakfast Cookie Base

Yeah, so this may be the most delicious cookie I've ever eaten. Why am I posting this? Because I will cry so many tears of sadness if I lose this recipe. Thus, it's going online.

Asterisks denote changes I've made to the original recipe.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie
(original recipe found here)Link
2 cups flour*
3 tsp. baking powder*
1 tsp. salt*
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups old fashion oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup molasses*

Mix, roll into quarter sized balls and flatten with a fork. Bake for 9 minutes at 350°F.

Healthy for you? Um, not so much. This is the nutritional information per cookie:

It doesn't really come as a surprise, especially when there's a stick and a half of butter in it. The base flavor is SO DARN GOOD though that next time I'll be modifying it. I'm thinking about using more pumpkin in lieu of one stick of butter. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment