Monday, March 21, 2011

Is it really only Monday?

We dropped off a large packet of loan documents yesterday, and I couldn't help but sigh a giant sigh of relief. I'm trying not to be high strung about this whole adventure, but there's simply SO much paperwork and fine print and I feel like if I'm not scouring every single line of text I'm going to miss out on something that will make us lose this property. When we dropped off the paperwork I expected a day or two to be completely lazy.

Wrong.

So we got the approval to kick on the utilities, and now it's suddenly a flurry of activity again. Electricity is through Snohomish PUD, gas is through PSE, and water is through the city of Mountlake Terrace. Somehow we're supposed to get everything turned on, and have an inspector, 203k consultant, and contractor(s) to check out the property in the 48 hours that we're allowed to have the utilities on. Then we have to rewinter the property (even though it's officially Spring..).

So I could use a little luck- I'm a little overwhelmed suddenly, and I'm looking back at the relatively peaceful week I had last week and kicking myself for not foreseeing these next few steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment