Sunday, July 18, 2010

More Jar Ideas

This weekend I'm obsessing over jar storage. At first I was tempted to find some spice jars with metal lids, paint the underside of my shelf with magnetic paint and simply stick them on. Then I discovered the glass painting technique... I could use cute jam jars in all shapes and forms, and still have them match in color.

But simplicity often is the best route. While browsing for a more time efficient and simpler solution, I discovered this at Country Living.


I have to say, I'm impressed. They simply screwed the lids onto the underside of the shelf. Simple. Adorable. Efficient.

And speaking of adorable, I came across this at Design*Sponge in a tutorial regarding paper scrap recycling.

Design*Sponge

This tutorial shows you how to utilize old paper scraps to decorate can lids AND to make gorgeous pencils out of it. I have a nasty habit of collecting pretty paper- I'm glad to have found a proper outlet for it! And more importantly, I'm glad I'm not alone!

So with these discoveries, I'm leaning towards recycling old cans, wrapping their lids so they're presentable (and match in one way or another), and securing them to the underside of my shelf. They might just be far too pretty to hang up though... Decisions, Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment