Saturday, February 24, 2007

I am a financial ninja!

The other day I logged in to pay my BOA bill and lo and behold, there was a pending charge on my account for englishtown.com.

I know that my English is flawed, but I haven't enrolled in any sort of Teach-Yourself English courses in quite some time. I called the 1-800 number to see if I could find out any information, if perhaps I just ordered something somewhere and somehow forgot that I wanted to learn slang from a native speaker. Turns out voicemail for the number was completely in Spanish.

Crap.

Interestingly enough, my financial information disappeared last move somewhere in transit. Yes, disappeared. I had a bag full of information that was to be shredded, but it was somehow misplaced and we have yet to find it. I've been patrolling my accounts like a hawk ever since, and I am really glad I did.

This is my first case of fraud.

Thankfully, we caught it in time. The transaction was stopped and my card was shut down.

Julie-1.
Fraud-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment