Monday, December 18, 2006

This life is the best I've ever had.

It's strange when you finally realize that your childhood dreams were nothing but petty wishes and desires... As I get older, I slowly come to the realization that everything that I had wished for was rather trivial and pointless. I've spent my whole life questioning my self-worth, and by giving myself impossible goals... And of course I grade myself on whether or not I achieve them.

It. Is. So. Pointless.

I've always been so goal-oriented. I never really had the ambition to follow through with any of it, but I used to love sitting down and creating lists of things I want to accomplish before I die. Now, as I'm tied down to bills and loans and the standard 9-5, it's painfully apparent that this is what life is all about...Mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment