Things I've learned so far:
- Processing film is expensive. Even run of the mill 35mm color film.
- Take your film to a specialty processing lab.
- Black and white film is incredible. The tonal range is gorgeous.
- ISO 400 film is my friend.
- I like life more through a plastic lens.
B&W ISO 400:
Color ISO 400, split exposures:
Color ISO 800:
I got my favorite picture out of my photo experiments, too. Here's my family, all in one 4x6. Something about a plastic lens makes the photos turn out more relaxed and lovely... People don't get all weird about getting their picture taken if the camera is incapable of capturing every tiny flaw.
And the best part about this photo? It was taken the same day. At the same table. The first time my family has had a meal together in at least two years. It was a great day!