Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hair!

I've been growing my hair out deliberately to please the husband-to-be. For some reason he seems to adore long locks. I needed a change. My hair was ridiculously long and gross, so I decided to do something about it.
,br>

I love blond hair.. Sadly, the blond I love is a brilliant, bright blond. My natural color is a dark blond, and I was so tired of being an ash, almost gray blond. It's a discouraging color. There's enough gray from the weather in Seattle. I do not want to look in the mirror and be reminded of how drab the climate is here!





So I booked an appointment on Thursday after reviewing some lovely pictures of strawberry blond beauties. I saved some of the pictures to take to the stylist, but really didn't think my complexion could handle reddish hair.





To my surprise, the stylist (Judy from Salon Zeka) was very encouraging, and she custom formulated a hair color that would look decent with my skin tone. And Voila! I am no longer an ugly drab dishwater blond, and am now a vibrant strawberry blond.





Val is happy because I kept the length. I am happy because I'm no longer super frumpy. Yay for compromise! And I am so in love with the color. Will this be the color I will walk down the aisle in? I don't know if I can handle that kind of comb-ittment.










No comments:

Post a Comment