Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wedding Cakes!

I have a feeling the economy might get worse before it gets better, as a result I am looking for ways to trim our svelte wedding budget even further. I'm searching everything I can to make our day fun and cost efficient.

One of the things I kind of fell in love with was the idea of making our own cake. My mother made her own wedding cake- I think it would be a sweet tradition to make my own as well!

As I am not much of a baker, I am going to have a lot of practice ahead of me. So with $7 worth of materials on hand, here's what 4 hours got me:



I definitely won't have sprinkles on our actual wedding cake. I felt inspired by the swift approach of Valentine's Day to do something mushy and colorful.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you brought the blog back to life! That cake looks yummy. If I hadn't opted to get married in the courthouse I would've had cupcakes at my wedding. Abby says hello!

    ReplyDelete