Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wishful Wednesdays #4


Damn, the hubs knows how to bargain. I'm not sure where he's picked it up from, but he knows just wait to say.

As he was leaving for work today, we were jovially talking about what to do with his bonus. He wants a new camera. We have nice cameras, but not REALLY nice ones. Knowing my neutral enthusiasm for his daydream, he casually throws out "You could get a Ghia.."

Ouch, right through the heart.

I've wanted a VW Karmann Ghia for a little over 10 years now. I still have a picture hanging on the wall from the very first Ghia I had ever seen. I remember taking that picture, getting it developed and running it to my dad. He held the picture gingerly, "I'll be damned... I used to have one of those.. I had to sell it to get a boat."

The heart wants what it wants... and despite being a very slow car, it's got a load of charm and would be a joy to haul groceries with.



It's a lovely daydream.

No comments:

Post a Comment