Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Val and I shared a simple Thanksgiving alone this year. We cooked up 2lbs of turkey, along with stuffing, mashed potatoes, cornbread muffins, cranberry sauce, and green beans... all while watching James Bond! It was nice to spend the day together cooking up a feast and laughing our heads off at the cheesiness that is "The Spy Who Loved Me."

On Saturday the real festivities will begin- The Greatest Cook in the World (who just happens to be my mom) will be provided even more food for us to gorge ourselves on. Since I have to be back to work at 8:45 tomorrow, there's no way I could just go home for the day. It's kinda sad to be away from my family this time of year.

Anyway, tomorrow promises to be all kinds of interesting. Yay for Black Friday! Let's hope that people don't blame me for their financial inadequacies.

I have Christmas gifts all planned out for my side of the family. It's Val's family that has us temporarily stumped... Why does it have to be so hard to shop for your SO's family?

No comments:

Post a Comment