Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Jiggling for Gillio

I'm overweight.  I have been for a really long time. I've tried all sorts of dietary jiu-jitsu to regain control of my body; gluten-free, paleo, atkins, south beach, etc.  I'd lose some weight, but couldn't maintain the diet, and the weight would creep back on.

I've finally found the secret.  Better sit down, peeps.  Your minds are going to be BLOWN.

Are you ready?
Truly ready?

Drum roll, please!

........The secret to MY weight loss:
  1. Working out.  

  2. Eating in moderation.

Freaking groundbreaking, right?

Since August 15th, I've lost almost 15 pounds.  I've got a lot more to go, but I'm fitting into jeans I almost donated because I never thought I could fit into them. I'm down 4 notches on my belt. FOUR.

My favorite brand of torture?  Pilates.  Massive amounts of Pilates.  Pilates until I can no longer pick myself off the mat.  Pilates SO HARD I've burst into tears in the middle of them.  It isn't a coincidence that 'pilates' has the same number of letters as the word 'torture'.  But I love them.


And it's starting to show. 

But, I can't get ahead of myself.  I've got a lot of weight to lose and a long road ahead of me.  Which is why I'm DietBetting.

Dietbet is a social weight loss game.  You plunk down anywhere between $10-$100 and bet that you can lose 4% of your body weight in 28 days.  It's a lot harder than it seems. If you win, you get to split up the pot.  If not, well, the other players get to divvy up your money and you cry.

It sucks to lose.  Because everyone knows that you've lost and you get to read all of the "OMG, I JUST WON $50!!" posts and you know part of that is your money. 

So, yeah.  Don't lose.

Here's a brief video to sum it up:


But if you win?  Oh, the sweet, sweet joy of victory.  You are 4% lighter, you feel better about yourself AND you have just walked away with more money in your pocket.  It's pure, unadulterated joy.

So, ladies and gentlemen.  I'm dietbetting my way to victory.

I plunked down $25.  Won $40.  Then I turned around and rolled that money into TWO more bets.  If I win these bets, I'll roll them into MORE bets.  Until I reach my goal weight.

Why?  Well, besides the sheer motivation of putting all of my Dietbet money on the line, there is something that I'd love to have, something that will pair wonderfully with my future fit and toned self.

It's a planner.  A Gillio Compagna planner.


I stole these pictures from Gillio's website: more info on the Gillio Compagna here.

These sweet Gillio planners run about $400.  Yes, they're expensive.  Yes, they're divine.  But could you imagine how amazing it would be to groom a $25 bet into a $400 planner?  AND be a healthier version of myself?

Sign me up!

So, I'm calling my fitness and weight-loss quest "Jiggling for Gillio."  Because jiggling is precisely what happens whenever I do any form of cardio. 


I'm motivated.  I've got a plan.  I'm eating healthfully and challenging myself to be a stronger, healthier person.  

The coolest thing about the last dietbet is that out of 4552 players, a combined weight of 24,441 pounds was lost.  That's as much as two Tyrannosaurus rex! TWO.


That's a lot of weight!

Anyway, if we're hanging out and I turn down a delicious morsel of tastiness, don't be offended.  Or, if I am moving slowly because my muscles are crying at me, please understand.  There's some ch-ch-changes going on here that have to happen.  Things that should have happened years ago. 

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Way to freakin go! That's awesome. Paleo didn't work so I am back to counting carbs, lessing my sugars and working out. keep it up lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paleo is hard, but good for you for giving it a try. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete